The ACCC then confirmed the factor for this.
” Staff at the counter could see on their system that they had some in stock, and one employee even kept in mind selling them on Friday, but they couldnt find them today,” the user composed in a post.
They went onto state that an Officeworks agent informed them that the AirTags were eliminated due to security issues, specifically relating to how easy it is for the button-cell battery to be gotten rid of by a child.
Gizmodo reports that a Reddit user initially spotted that they were no longer offered for sale in the shop. Retail personnel didnt understand why, but a representative consequently explained the reason.
” The Apple Air Tag variety will momentarily be not available for buy from Officeworks,” an Officeworks agent said in an email. “The item will not be stocked by Officeworks up until further assistance is provided from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.”
The other day saw Apples AirTags withdrawn from sale by Australian retail chain Officeworks, obviously over child safety issues. Officeworks has more than 160 shops across the nation.
While the issue is currently limited to a single chain, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) confirmed issues over ease of access to the button battery utilized in the device …
The chain validated to Gizmodo that AirTags had actually been withdrawn from sale in all OfficeWorks shops.
” The ACCC understands reports raising concerns about the availability of button batteries in the Apple AirTag product.” an ACCC representative stated in an e-mail to Gizmodo Australia.
While the consumer guard dog did not get more particular about Officeworks pulling AirTags from sale, it did describe its basic expectations around safety.
” If a provider finds that an item they supply is risky, the ACCC expects the provider to conduct a voluntary recall to recommend consumers of the danger, attend to the safety issue, or get rid of the product from the marketplace,” the spokesperson stated.
Just a slight turn is required to open an AirTag and access the battery.
There has been a great deal of concern in Australia about the CR2032 battery used in AirTag, many watches, and other small products. Given that 2013, three children have actually passed away after swallowing them, and around 20 kids a week are taken to ER for the same reason.
FTC: We use income earning car affiliate links. More.
Have a look at 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: