The idea of using solar power has been around for decades. But, with the recent increase in prices of oil and other fuels, people have started looking for alternatives. Solar power is one of them. It is a renewable energy source which can be used to generate electricity. There are many different types of solar power generators available in the market today. Some of them are:
1. Photovoltaic cells: These are the most popular type of solar power generators. They convert light energy into electrical energy. They are used as small panels.
2. Solar thermal power generators: These use heat from the sun to produce electricity. They use the heat to boil water or some other fluid. This then generates steam. The steam is then converted into electricity.
3. Solar hot water systems: These are used to heat water. They use the heat from the sun to heat up water. The heated water is then used to heat up the house. This is especially useful in winter when the temperature drops.
4. Wind turbines: These use wind to generate electricity. They are also called windmills. They use the power of the wind to turn a turbine. This then turns a generator to generate electricity.
5. Micro wind turbines: These are very small and are used in remote areas. They can be placed in trees, on roofs or even on top of buildings.
6. Hydroelectric power generators: These use the power of falling water to generate electricity. The water falls down a dam and then is channeled to a turbine to generate electricity.
7. Geothermal power generators: These use the heat from the earth to generate electricity. They are located underground. The heat from the earth is used to boil water. This then produces steam. The steam is then used to spin a turbine to generate electricity. They are considered to be the most efficient of all.
8. Hydroelectric power generators: This is a hybrid of hydroelectric and solar power generators. They use the power of water to generate electricity.
9. Hybrid solar power generators: These combine the power of solar and hydroelectric power generators. They use the sun’s energy to heat up water and then use this to generate electricity.
10. Other types of solar power generators: These include photovoltaic, solar thermal, wind, micro wind, hydroelectric and geothermal power generators.